Terms & Conditions
These Terms (together with the documents referred to in it) set out the conditions on which you make use of www.clara.co. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use Clara. By using Clara, you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please refrain from using Clara immediately.
Clara Technologies Limited
2406 ResCo-work02, Level 24, Al Sila Tower, Abu Dhabi Global Market Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
NO LEGAL, TAX OR FINANCIAL ADVICE
Clara is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and all information, commentary and other materials displayed on Clara are intended for general information purposes only. Therefore, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising as a result of any reliance placed on such information, commentary or other materials contained on Clara by any visitor to our website, platform or by anyone who may be informed of any of its content. In particular you agree that:
- we are not providing legal, financial, tax, investment brokerage or any other advice on Clara unless you instruct Clara Partners formally through a signed engagement letter;
- the documents provided on Clara are not bespoke to your specific needs and may require additional legal advice. You should make your own judgment on the suitability of any such materials and obtain your own legal advice before using the documents; and
- we are not providing any assurance or guarantee that any documents obtained from Clara, or any Clara score or health check are suitable, sufficient or appropriate for your specific needs.
If you wish to receive legal advice from one of Clara’s expert startup lawyers, please contact Clara Partners either through Clara or via the website.
NO LAWYER-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
The use of Clara, and any email or other contact with us through it, does not create any lawyer-client relationship between you and Clara Partners. Any information provided to us will not be privileged or confidential unless you have a lawyer-client relationship with Clara Partners. To become a client of Clara Partners, we follow a process which includes agreeing an engagement letter with you and observing various professional responsibility requirements, including know-your-client and managing conflicts processes.
EXISTING CLIENTS OF CLARA PARTNERS
If you are an existing client of Clara Partners, in using Clara you agree to the changes to these terms and to our engagement outlined in this paragraph. The content on our site is not legal or tax advice and you waive any right to claim any content represents legal services or advice. You are using Clara at your own risk and doing so is no substitute for obtaining legal advice from us.
USING THE AUTOMATED DOCUMENTS ON CLARA
When using the forms (Forms) to generate documents (Documents), you are not receiving legal or tax advice, and it is not intended to replace the need for professional advice. The Forms, and any directions or explanatory notes in them, and the Documents are only examples and are not personalised for you or your business. Generally, a Document will need to be changed to address your situation. We recommend you get help from a qualified lawyer or other legal services provider before using any Document.
The Documents are based on the laws of England and Wales. The laws of your jurisdiction may have different requirements. You must obtain professional or specialist advice to decide what the suitable documents are for your situation. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Documents are suitable for use in other jurisdictions or that the Documents comply with the laws of any other jurisdiction. You must ensure your access to, and use of, the Documents complies with any applicable local laws in your jurisdiction.
You may use the Documents for your own personal business use in the following manner:
- If you are a lawyer or legal services provider, you may use the Documents to provide legal advice to your clients for their own personal business use (including documenting transactions between your client and other parties).
You must not use any part of the Documents for commercial purposes (including charging a fee to use the Documents) without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
You must not use them for any other purpose without our prior written permission. You must not modify, copy, reverse engineer or otherwise misuse any Form or Document.
You must examine a Document thoroughly before using it.
RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS AND USE
Your access to Clara may be terminated by us at any time without notice.
You may not do any of the following, directly or indirectly:
- violate any copyrights and other proprietary or intellectual property rights of Clara;
- engage in any “data mining,” “deep-link,” “page-scrape,” or use “bots/spiders” or similar data gathering and extraction tools or methods in connection with any part of Clara;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, lease, sell, distribute, or reproduce Clara;
- transmit, post, or otherwise make available:
- content that is unlawful, false, inaccurate, harmful, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, including any content that infringes on any intellectual property right or proprietary right;
- viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful programs or material; or
- advertising or promotional materials, “spam,” or any other form of solicitation;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of Clara;
- misrepresent your affiliation with or impersonate any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt any part of Clara, including imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Clara, or attempt to circumvent Clara’s security features;
- remove or modify any copyright notices, other proprietary notices, or references to these Terms;
- misrepresent the content on Clara, or misinform others about the origin or ownership of the content from Clara;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any part of Clara or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or other authentication measures on Clara or any network connected to Clara;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas, know-how or algorithms relevant to any part of Clara, or any software, documentation or data related to Clara; or
- modify, translate, or create derivative works based on services provided as part of Clara (except to the extent expressly permitted by us or authorised as part of a paid Clara service).
Any content obtained through, exported or created for you by any part of Clara, we hereby grant you with a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use in connection with the ongoing operation of your business.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all logos, designs, text, images and other materials on our website are owned by Lexlabs Group Holdings Limited or appear with the permission of the relevant owner. Those works are protected by copyright and trademark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of Clara may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including mirroring) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without Clara’s express written consent.
You may download publicly-available content on Clara only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that:
- you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices; and
- if your copying or use of copyrighted materials on Clara is other than “fair use” under applicable copyright laws, you must seek permission directly from us.
LINKING TO AND FROM OUR WEBSITE
Whilst we retain the right to establish any hypertext links between our website and any third party website at our discretion, you agree that you will not frame our website on any other website or create any hypertext links or deep links between it and any third party website without our express prior written consent.
If you choose to use links displayed on our website, which link to third party websites, then you will leave our website (whether or not you realise that you are leaving). Links on our website are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those third party websites or resources. We are not responsible in any way for the material on any other website that you enter. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of such external website material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
If you establish an account on Clara, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or user ID.
If you believe that your account, your user ID or password has been unlawfully disclosed or there has been a known or possible breach of security, please notify Clara immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personally identifiable information collected from you is governed by our Data & Privacy Protection Policy.
Whilst we try to ensure that all information on Clara is accurate, no guarantees, representations or warranties are given that the content on our website is accurate, complete, up to date or error free. Use of Clara is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the access, use, inability to use, or results
- of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including liability for:
- loss of business
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- loss or damage caused to any equipment or software
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable
- in relation to any Documents, we will not be liable in connection with any:
- change you make to a Document
- information in a Document, including if it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date
- Form or Document being unavailable
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, malicious code or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Clara or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
UPLOADING TO CLARA
Without prejudice to our rights and obligations in relation to your personal information as set out in detail in our Data & Privacy Protection Policy, any material you upload to Clara will be considered strictly confidential.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES
Any personal details we collect from you will only be used in accordance with our Data & Privacy Protection Policy. By using Clara, you consent to us processing your information in this way and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
OUR WEBSITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely. Any material on our website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
If any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of these Terms and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Abu Dhabi Global Market Courts.
If you have any queries regarding Clara or the information contained on it, please contact email@example.com.
This version was last updated in September 2019.